Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I've got feelings for you...(Part 2)

I didn't rehearse any lines beforehand. So I said what came to my mind. I told her that I've been thinking about this for almost a year and finally decided on telling after I realized it was not just a crush. She told me she has never felt anything like that for me ever before. And she asked me what my plan was! I told her that I would go to her parents when the time is right and ask them for her hand in marriage. If they said no, I would ask again. If they say no again, I'll ask a third time. If they still say no, I'll marry her. She didn't smile. She told me it was impossible for her parents to accept her getting married to a Hindu boy. I was optimistic.

I had a pain in my heart. I could feel an unknown heaviness with it. It was aching. I have never felt like that before. It was paining so badly, but I liked it. I believe that is what you feel when you are in love. They say you hear bells ringing when you meet the person of your dreams. I didn't hear any. But my heart was paining. A pain which I've never felt before. A pain which I was sure I'll never feel again in my life. I was not bothered.

We reached Royce, ordered two milkshakes at about quarter past three, and managed to finish half of it by quarter to four. Somehow, I couldn't swallow. My whole body was not responding to me. And I bet she felt the same way. We talked about the same things we talked while on the way there again. Then we sat quietly, looking at each other. I think we held hands for a moment then. We decided to go back to the classroom as the last hour was almost over. As soon as we got out of Royce and was about to cross the road, it started drizzling. They say it rains when Gods celebrate. I surely felt so at that moment. It was raining only a few feet around the place where we were standing. It was bright sunshine everywhere else. It drizzled for about 30 seconds and then it stopped. It was beautiful.

While we were about to enter the classroom, I asked her how she felt. These were here exact words, 'You took almost a year to tell me how you felt about me. I'll take at least a day.....and tell you tomorrow'.

To be continued........



3 comments:

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

It looks like a beautiful love story in the making. Again, your style of narration makes it easy for one to visualize everything.

Sijo, ennengilum oru padam direct cheytha, nee thanne scriptwriter...

Hope you would post the next part soon... :)

വിഷ്ണു | Vishnu said...

'You took almost a year to tell me how you felt about me. I'll take at least a day.....and tell you tomorrow'

beautiful narration.....I like your style...

...aNish... said...

thanks man!