Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I've got feelings for you...(Part 1)

'I've got feelings for you. You make me the happiest person in the world, and if you give me the chance, I will try to make you feel the same for the rest of your life'. 

This is how Chandler proposed to Monica in F.R.I.E.N.D.S. And ever since I watched that episode, I've written it in my mind that I'd use the same words when I meet the girl of my dreams.  

It was August 17, 2005. I don't know why but I planned to tell Tina that I love her today. Shabna asked me to accompany her to Amal Jyoti College to invite them for Virtuoso. The devil in me said no, even though I wanted to go. So she took Shebi and Pavan with her. So that's 3 out of the picture. Somebody called Nirmala for some Virtuoso work, and she had to go too. That makes it 4. It was me alone with Tina for lunch today. I suddenly started believing in God. We walked all the way to the cafeteria and ordered our regular Porotta-egg curry combo. After lunch, she wanted to take some book from the library, so we went in. As soon as we were about to leave, my phone started ringing. 

'Sibin calling....

Shit! CGPC work. If I pick up this call, I won't be able to go back until midnight. That's how all of Sibin's calls were. I cut the call and switched off the phone. Phew! That was a close one. 

We walked back to the electronics block. The first period after lunch was (I forgot the subject) by Harris sir. It was 1:45 pm, and we were sitting in the second last row. Kamchal, Vaisakh and somebody else were sitting behind us. I turned to Tina and reminded her about the thing I wanted to tell her for a few days. She got excited and started asking me about it. I played around without telling her what it was for some time, rehearsing Chandlers exact words in my head a million times. Then finally, at about two minutes to 2, I said it.

'I've got feelings for you........'
Shit!!! I forgot the next line.

'Whaaeaa(whisper)?'
Silence.....

She was looking out of the window after the words have registered in her head. I was still trying to remember the second line. I could hear my heart beat. And I could feel it's weight. Harris sir walked into the class. Shit!!! There goes my perfect timing. I still remember what he taught that day. It was zip-coding. After an hour, when he left, I told her that we'll go out and talk. She said yes. My heart was paining, there was some weird heaviness with it today. I didn't bother. We got out of the class and walked towards Royce.

To be continued........

4 comments:

Gayika :) said...

its really intresting.....good job...continue... :)

Manjima said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I m waiting for part2.....Its really very gud...

Abhinav Viswambharan said...

man, tina told me that you had a blog... you won't believe, but i laughed out loud while reading the line where you forgot the dialogue from F.R.I.E.N.D.S... :D

you have narrated it beautifully...aduth part vaayich nokatte...